9/11/08

knit wits

Fall makes me so excited for sweaters and boots and jeans. It's definitely my very favorite time of the year weather-wise because it makes me think of hiking, crackling fires, apples and pumpkins, oh, the list goes on and on. Since learning to knit a year ago, I know have a new thing to look forward to with Fall: all the knitting projects I can work on! So here's a round-up of some knitting news and ideas....

Tom Scott is a designer W magazine featured in this month's issue, and his work is so lighthearted! My mantra for this year is "don't take yourself so seriously", and it seems Mr. Scott is a kindred spirit.



This is a gorgeous sweater from etsy seller astronette that has me inspired to remix salvaged sweaters.


As of yesterday, I've been checking out ravelry and WOW. If you are a knitter or crocheter, JOIN NOW! You have to sign-up for a list to receive an invitation into the community (probably to keep out spam email addresses).

City Knitting is our Grand Rapids one-stop amazing shop for all things knit. Their yarn selection is endless (and the clearance section is superb), there are free patterns available to all comers, their classes are the best ever, and the ladies who work there are very kind and helpful. It's located on that little street behind Wolfgang's.


If you are a beginner knitter or want to learn, keep a lookout for Purl Jam events through the Student Activities OFfice. I'm planning our first one for October, and I'll advertise the date once I have it. This will be an evening event where you can show up and learn from really experienced knitters all that you need to know to get started!

No comments: